Spanish Style Quinoa
chicken, beans and bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 14oz can Italian style stew tomatoes
- 1 cup can kidney beans or black beans
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 cup cooked leftover chicken breast either baked or barbecued
- 1 cup water
- Paula Deen House Seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- Saute' the onions and garlic in olive oil till the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, stewed tomatoes, beans, cumin, cooked chicken, water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let it simmer for 25 minutes, all liquid will dry up then.
- Remove from stove and let the Quinoa sit to about 5-7 minutes.
- Gently fluff Quinoa with a fork. ENJOY!