Rhodes Frozen Bread Donuts
Frozen bread donuts
- Frying pan
- 1 bag Rhodes Frozen Texas Rolls or Dinner Rolls quantity of donuts depends on how many you want to make
- oil enough to fill frying pan 1/2 way For safety: always place pan of hot oil in the back burner of your stovetop and the handle facing in.
- Defrost the rolls anywhere from 2 to 3 hours.
- Keep an eye on it. When it looks defrosted and soft then gently pat the rolls out and cut a hole in the middle with a donut cutter or other. Let dough rise about 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 325 using a candy thermometer. Or you can use a chopstick and place the pointed tip in the oil and when you see the tip start to bubble the oil is ready.
- Carefully lift and put the dough into the oil and fry, flipping it to brown the other side and fry to desired brownness. If the oil gets too hot reduce the heat or add a little oil to drop the temperature or turn stove off to slightly cool oil and then turn stove back on and continue frying your donuts.
- Top with your favorite chocolate topping or dust it in a sugar/cinnamon mix. ENJOY!
The size of your donuts depends on the dinner roll you use. Rhodes Texas rolls are bigger and will produce a bigger donut. The dinner roll is smaller and will be smaller in size. DO NOT let the dough rise too much as it will deflate. Just enough that it has a donut shape. The rising of your dough depends on the temperature in the room. The warmer the temp. the faster the dough will rise. The colder, it will take time for the rising.